Wednesday 30 March 2011

MAWFACE

She ain't heaver, she's my mutha
The bold John Wallace has had his fair share of menchies on this here blog but with Mother's Day looming (round my neck like a bloody albatross) I thought it was about time RenĂ©e"boomboom" Wallace got a shout out.

Similar in manner and temperament (although not always humour, thanks for the WACKY genes pop) I thought a fitting Mawday treat would be a spot of Sunday brunch and a trip to the GFT - what do you mean self-gratifying? *smirks*

That Lynx range of "EXTREME" deodorant really has a lot to answer for

Sharing a keen interest in film, particularly of the French & Italiano variety (by "sharing" I of course mean insisting she watches too) perhaps the only instance in which she'll accompany me to the cinema is if it's for something unusual that won't eventually appear on cooncil telly.

So I assumed the God's of fate were shining down when I realised the GFT were showing further screenings of Danny Boyle's stage production of Frankenstein , a theatrical and cinematic experience I'd been bangin' on about for so long I managed to convince everyone in my house it was a "must see" - including Coco, my labradoodle (yeah, we're one of THOSE families...)

That was until I realised they've scrapped the extra screenings.

NAE JOY IRENE!

Luckily I have a plan B:

This place clearly carries the same pungent odours of Glasgow Uni Library - mmmmmusty
 Director Jim Loach, son of the mighty Ken, makes his feature-length debut with Oranges and Sunshine, tells the heart-breaking true story of Margaret Humphreys, a social working from Nottingham, as she endeavours to repair some of the attrocities committed by the British government in migrating thousands of British children to Commonwealth countries between the Victorian era to the 1970s.

With Loach at the helm, Scots screenwriter Rona Munro expertly adapting Margaret Humphreys’s 1994 book Empty Cradles and acclaimed British actress Emily Watson in the lead role of Humphreys, this looks set to be one grizzly and emotional ride.

Nothing says "I LOVE YOU" like a harrowing cinema trip.

Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I thought all Scots were supposed to have red hair...or orange at least?!! I have Scottish ancestry ( middle name Gordon! ) and I always remember my father when he was younger having an orange beard. When I was younger mine was only flecked with orange and always envied the old man the colour of his! It was certainly handed down from his mother's side as was the name Gordon.
    While on the Scottish theme please tell me you are best friends and neigbours of the lovely, and quite yummy, Karen Gillan!! An autograph would be nice!!!! Love the colorur of her hair and as for that that accent...oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...